Chief Deputy Clerk
Our Online Services provide a convenient and centralized way to search for documents recorded in our office. To access the system, click on the link below. Please consider adding it to your favorites for easier access!
If you are searching for minutes of commissioner meetings, they can be found through Online Services
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties of the county clerk can be summarized as follows:
- The county clerk serves as the arm of the state with regard to the administration of elections in the county.
- The county clerk has significant recording, filing, and indexing duties as the repository for numerous documents required by law to be filed of record in the clerk’s office.
- The county clerk serves as the ex officio clerk for the board of county commissioners of their respective counties.
- The county clerk also serves as the clerk for the probate court.
- The county clerk is responsible for the issuance of marriage licenses, and other miscellaneous permits and licenses and the collection of fees for same.
- The county clerk has other varied statutory duties, including but not limited to those relating to the routine financial transactions of the county.
Office of the New Mexico Secretary of State
The Office of the New Mexico Secretary of State is an excellent resource on any topic including recording and election duties for county clerks.
New Mexico Secretary of State
325 Don Gaspar, Suite 300, Santa Fe, NM 87503